Pagina de start
www.oltcit.ro (Oltcit, Dacia, ARO)

Întrebări frecvente   Căutare   Membri   Grupuri   Înregistrare 
 Regulament   Profil   Mesaje private   Autentificare 

Steering

Crează un topic nou, separat de acest topic   Răspunde la mesajele din acest topic    Pagina de start -> OLTCIT (CITROEN AXEL) SITE
Subiectul anterior :: Subiectul următor  
Mesaj
Hi all.
I am the new owner of the Oltcit club R11, I got it from my father.
I did not have chance to look more closely at my car, but what I
found is that the steering is incredibly stiff. I do have difficulty steering with one hand and I can not imagine if my wife would have to drive or even park in such conditions.
I beleive that this is only some mechanic failure.
Could anybody help me and give me some instruction what shoud I check or where to grees.
I did not have chance to look undernieth the car, but I want to get more famaliar how to fix this problem.
Is there any book or service manual available where my problem mentioned, I could get more info about?
Were some of these cars equiped also with power steering?

Thanks in any case

Ado Hello Ado!
It's nice that you wrote is:)
Be a little bit patient please. We know the solution(s)...but we don't really know how do we say it in english:(
From where are you? Dear Ado,

the best for your problem, is the sheep tallow. Yes, sheep tallow. But I don't really know from where could you buy it from your location:(
Or, you can try the siliconic oil, but this is not for a long time of use(you will have to repeat the use of siliconic oil from time to time). The siliconic oil you can find in car parts shops.
You will have to take out the steering wheel and to grees that rubber part you will see when you take out the steering wheel.
To take out the steering wheel, you will have to screw off(unscrew, break out) 2 bolts from the down part of your panel instrument(it's a rectangular lid with 2 bolts almos at the downest part of your panel) (maybe that rectangular part doesn't exist anymore, and then you will see the bolt of the steering wheel). And then you will se a bolt that goes through your steering wheel. Take that bolt out, and pull the steering wheel out.
When you put it back, watch for the position of your steering wheel.

I think I explained pretty well. If not, please tell me what didn't you understand, or what couldn't you do. Hallo Valib,

Thanks a lot for your exhaustive answer.
It might be a problem to get the sheep tallow, but I will try to use some other lubricant. As I understood correctly the main problem is very high friction between the steering wheel and the other rubber part.
I just have to be careful and do not use very aggressive staff.
You 've made me happy, I thought it would be something else.
I will fix that this weekend and let you know.

Many thanks to you.

Ado yes, the most common problem is the friction between the steering wheel axle and the 2 rubber+teflon bearings. you will see them when you remove de steering wheel. the easy way is to change them with new ones(try your local citroen dealer and you might get lucky). if you can't find new ones, grease them, but never use petrol based lubricants, because in one week you will face some major problems with the steering.
use only siliconic grease. that's the best. that's what I use for about 2 years, and everything works just fine. you can also use what valib said, siliconic oil, but it's just a temporary solution.

no, the citroen axel/oltcit was never equiped with power steering. but, if everything is in order the steering runs smoothly.

welcome to our forum! Vali, ai uitat sa spui omului, ca sa poata scoate volanul, sa puna contactul in pozitia garare. I-as fi scris eu da' cu engleza mea...
CristiCiju a scris:Vali, ai uitat sa spui omului, ca sa poata scoate volanul, sa puna contactul in pozitia garare. I-as fi scris eu da' cu engleza mea...

To take out the steering wheel, you have to put your starting key to the G point on the contact. OK I will do so .
Thanks to let me know.

Ado you're welcome any time!
we want photos:)
from where are you? Hi,

I come from Bratislava, Slovensko.

Ado Hi all.
I have one more question.
Could you please let me know what kind of petrol may or should I use?
As I read in the manual, the engine is designed for leaded 96 or higher petrol only. It is impossible to by such a petrol at this time.
How do you manage that?
Does it take also pure unleaded or do you recommend to use some special additives to substitute lead?

Thank you.

Ado It does, no aditives needed.
I use 95 or 98, unleaded only, like any other Citroen engine. I use 98 or 100 unleaded. it does no damage to the engine. The only "additive" I use is a "Fuel injectors and carburretor cleaner", but not every time I fuel.. at every 2000 km or so, but that is only for the low quality fuel I find at the local gas station. Use the most expensive gasoline that you can buy. I give my Oltcit only 100 (or so the Austrian producer OMV says).
Do not use fuels or substances other than gasoline from the fuel station even if they are cheap and might seem good enough. You will regret that sooner or later.
Ado a scris:Hi all.
As I read in the manual, the engine is designed for leaded 96 or higher petrol only.
Does it take also pure unleaded or do you recommend to use some special additives to substitute lead?

a few tips:
-the engine is designed for minimum 98 leaded or unleaded (Citroen documentation). you don't need special additives. just go for the high octane unleaded gas and that's that.
-make sure your timing is perfectly tuned. the air-cooled engine is a "hot" engine and the use of poor gas + a badly tuned timing leads to pinging, that can and will distroy your engine.
-never use cheap, bad oil. you have a air-cooled boxer engine. the oil is vital for lubrication(doooh) and cooling. use 10W40 semi-synthetic oil(citroen doc.) or a fully synthetic oil (0W , 5W etc etc).

for any other problems, don't hezitate to ask. I also had this problem with the steering and i did exctly as you said, but it stil runs incredibly hard.Could you please help me with this problem?(it is not confortable at all)
Zalex a scris:I also had this problem with the steering and i did exctly as you said, but it stil runs incredibly hard.Could you please help me with this problem?(it is not confortable at all)
use the search engine bre, că văz că postezi pre limba carpato-danubiano-pontică...

http://forum.oltcit.ro/viewtopic.php?p=110166
http://forum.oltcit.ro/viewtopic.php?p=109514
http://forum.oltcit.ro/viewtopic.php?p=92114 si daca "uzeaza" search engine-ul, da nu vorbeste decat engleza, ce ar putea sa inteleaga din topicurile scrise in romana??? Eu vad ca stie destul de bine romaneste: http://forum.oltcit.ro/search.php?search_author=Zalex
CristiCiju a scris:Eu vad ca stie destul de bine romaneste: http://forum.oltcit.ro/search.php?search_author=Zalex
Pe asta m-am bazat și eu. Am verificat înainte exact chestia asta. gata..gata... nu mai dati cu pietre
nu am verificat eu anterior Mai draga DanSlotea. As fi dorit sa postezi si tu explicatiile tot in engleza ca sa inteleaga si Ado(inclusiv eu) ceea ce mai poate face pt. Oltcitul lui. Adica sa-l integram mai mult in comunitatea noastra. De ce te-ai suparat? mah poate o fi crezut ca la sectziunea in engleza raspund altzii..sau io shtiu..adica vreun forum pt alte tzari..alta explicatzie? de ce sa te omori sa-tzi suceshti "desh'tele" in engleza cand potzi mult mai comod sa intrebi ceva in limba ta nativa? m-am omorat asa, in engleza ca sa intreleaga si Ado. Era frumos ca explicatiile sa vina tot in engleza ca sa inteleaga SI EL ce poate sa mai faca cu directia. M-am gîndit că Ado și-a rezolvat problema și de aceea n-a mai scris, deci nu mai avea nevoie de precizări suplimentare, măi dragă
Format forum: Optimizat | LentAfișează mesajele:   
Crează un topic nou, separat de acest topic   Răspunde la mesajele din acest topic    Pagina de start -> OLTCIT (CITROEN AXEL) SITE Ora este GMT + 2 ore
Pagina 1 din 1
Nu poți crea un topic nou în acest forum
Nu poți răspunde în mesajele din acest forum
Nu poți modifica mesajele proprii din acest forum
Nu poți șterge mesajele proprii din acest forum
Nu poți vota în chestionarele din acest forum